Alice in Wonderland Sky Hook Balance Toy
Balancing toys have been around for centuries, teaching children and adults about the laws of physics. In Victorian times, originally called skyhooks, but also known as balance toys, were first made to demonstrate the workings of counterweights and centrifugal force: simple counter-weighted toys which could be set on a shelf or the rim of a table, and set in motion to everyones delight and amazement. They soon evolved into fun and whimsical objects, never ceasing to amuse and surprise: people loved to watch toys that were doing things that seemed impossible. In an era where the laws of gravity and electricity seemed magical, balance toys became very popular. Even though we now understand the mystery of the laws of gravity, there is still something fascinating and amusing in watching a balanced object lean and sway.
- The Lewis Carroll children’s classic will always find a special place in anyone’s hearts.
- The iconic blonde hair and blue dress never fails to spar up the imagination of kids and kids at heart. As one part of our Wonderland series,
- Alice is undoubtedly the most sought after 19th century replica.
- Made of recycled sheet iron, the sculpted figure is hand-painted and finished by expert craftsmen.
- The paint and details are nice and very whimsical.
- This one piece alone stands impressive on any display case, but its full effects can only be seen with the entire cast of characters.
- Materials: Metal
- Colour: Multicolour
- H 60.5 CM
|Dispatch Timing||Normally dispatched within 3 business days|
|Notes||This item comes with 12-Months Manufacturer Warranty|